According to anonymous notes printed in 1904, the first temple in this place was to be built around 1112. The present temple is a wooden structure with a carcass and boarded construction. The temple has one nave, with a three-sided chancel, with a sacristy on the north side.
The castellan embankments in Wojnicz are relics of a medieval castellan stronghold, situated among the marshes and flood waters of the Dunajec. A large part of this enormous defensive complex was irretrievably destroyed by the river. The fortifications were built in the 11th century. They were extended in the 13th – 14th centuries. They consisted